Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crabbier Than Usual

This has very little to do with autism or advocacy at all, but the whole blogomania thing (and associated crabbiness) does have a reason.

It even has a reason beyond "people are shitheads, the patriarchy are shitheads, and the tragedy model of disability pisses me off!"

I was in a car accident Friday. It was low speed, no one is going to die, I was the only person hurt as far as I know.

BUT

I hurt like hell. I have no idea how I jacked up my back so much, but it hurts worse than a lot of gymnastics injuries I have had. Not being ready for the impact and jerking around probably is involved, I have no idea. Whatever.

Pain isn't my cup of tea. Vicodin tends to make me a bit cranky. Flexeril doesn't do wonders for my processing. And being bored off my ass because I can't do anything physical just makes all that worse. Oh, and being told that they're sure it's nothing because I can touch my toes? Yeah, not sure how to feel about that because I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome so of course I can touch my damn toes! and it's hurt since Friday and hurts worse and I'm a whiney baby. And I'm not even going there with the ER report, oh god.

But--we can expect more wangsty posts at least?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pain is terrible, hope it goes away soon or at least you start felling somewhat better.

I am prepared for more wangsty posts.

Anonymous said...

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your recovery.